Student Aid recommends you apply at least two months prior to the start of school. Students Aid recommends you use your personal email address. rather than an email service hosted by your school to create/verify your account in the students Finance System (SFS). First time Applying Online-Login to your account. We will assist you all the time.
- Step 1- Create an account
- Step 2- Verify your account
- Step 3- Complete the Application
If you have never applied before and cannot provide any of the information, you may still be able to apply online. After your application has been received by Alberta student Aid, it can take up to 30 calendar days to be processed. Once your application is processed, you will receive a Student Award letter. This will tell you -
- Whether you are eligible for funding
- How much you can expect to receive in loans and /or grants
- When you can expect to receive the money.
You will receive your loans and /or grants when these 3 conditions are met.
- you have completed your loan agreements
- your school has confirmed your registration
- you are within 1 week of starting school.
Our Finance Advisor will help you If you have any problem or any difficulty about this issue.